Friday, November 5, 2010

WHERE THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN?

Busy.

But that will change next week, I swear. I'm getting organized. I'm planning and plotting and scheduling. And getting back on the healthy living train so I can start this whole thing over.

What the hell do you mean, start this whole thing over, Berryfine?

Well, bloggy pals, I got on the scale this morning.

The results made me sad. Sadder yet was looking into the mirror and realizing the scale was definitely not broken. I have the belly of a Botecelli painting to prove it. Sorry art world peeps, its not as attractive in real time as it is on canvas. And let's not even mention how unattractive it gets with clothing.

Okay, actually, yes, let's discuss how unattractive it is to have fucking muffin top creeping out over the sides. It's like your pelvis is vomiting fat rolls. Wow, that is an image for you. But seriously, if you have the muffin top, it is in no way as attractive as that muffin you eye in starbucks. In fact, cover that muffin in your ill-fitting clothing in your head. Bet you walk away from said muffin (you're welcome if I saved that pastry from going right to your thighs). Anyway, also, it's unattractive after a day of sitting in the wrapping- in this case your (my) clothing. There are indentations where your jeans dug in to stay up over your ass and into your stomach. And oh look! A button mark! Hurray, you're wearing Anne Taylor Loft pants and now we all know it! The stitching lines down the side are also especially attractive. Nothing like looking like the bride of frankenstein when you shed your clothing.

Trust me, guys love it.

So to take one from my mom's playbook: Starting Monday (only in her world there is always a starting Monday- mind you she weighs like maybe 120 lbs) I will get back on the healthy living train. This weekend, I will enjoy a shit ton of crap (but still work out) and on Monday...well, getting back on track starts.

I bet you thought I would leave you without the magical number on the scale? Well, I'm an open-book so here you go...when I was may heaviest (January 2010). I weighed in at 175. The lightest this year (June 2010) I weighed in at 152.Today I weigh in at....

164

Still under my heaviest but I want to nip this in the bud. So, here goes. Leave me some encouragement. Also, since I said I was an open book, ask me anything you want to know about how I got to this weight, the journey, my habits, whatever. I'll answer them in the ensuing posts.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Berryfine I am feeling your pain concurrently....I was down to 158 last summer, and crept up to an all-time high of 174 (mind you, most of that was water and I average 168) again. UGH! I am stuck in a mental rut where I know exactly what I must do, yet when I think about doing it, I dive right back into that bag of chips and the girl guide cookies. I'm telling you, it's enough to send a gal straight to bed without supper! Anyway, if you have tips on breaking through that mental wall....please throw them out there!

Berryfine said...

Kim! That is the plan! I realized I am so honest when I'm doing good but this blog is supposed to be honest and raw. There are so many times when I'm in a funk and I don't want to lay it on you. But really, aren't we all looking for someone to admit how HARD it is to stay healthy?!?!?!

Kovas said...

It all starts Monday and then continues!

Kim said...

Yes! It is incredible to me when people seem to breeze through it all....it is VERY hard in reality. I like to think that those of us who willingly admit that it's hard and it requires work will be further ahead in the long run.

mommaof3ontherun said...

I feel your pain. I've gained back several pounds. I still have a lot to lose...it is so hard to get control!

Tricia said...

awwww...that just plain sucks. BUT the good news is you caught it and are ready to make changes. you can do it!

Adam said...

Goooooooooo team!

(I'm bad at encouragement)

Kristin Ballard said...

ahhh gosh i love your blog. we're basically the same person. glad to see (from more recent posts) that you've hopped back on the wagon! you can do it! reading your blog is so encouraging to me.

Fruit Fly said...

You make me laugh. Damn muffin tops! I saw an especially horrendous one today at work. Made me lose my train of though. Great motivator to go run. Or purge. ;)