Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday Scramble

And not just because I'm having scrambled egg whites for breakfast!
  • Today my very best friend in the whole world is getting married. She and her Marine fiancee have been together for almost 7 years now. She is sweet as can be and he is kind of a sarcastic ass so they balance each other really well. Of course, I'm the Maid of Honor. Have I done anything toward my speech. Nope. I asked the best man if he had written his and he told me he was just winging it. The bride is VERY nervous about what the two of us will say....and with good reason. According to her, we are basically the same wild, crazy, drunken person. It definitely does not bode well that I arrived late to the rehearsal (I've been in 9 weddings. I think I can handle it) and he told me he was counting on me to keep him in line during the wedding. To which I responded, "That's what your wife is for buddy." Also bothersome to the bride and groom was the groomsman and brother of the bride asking me to come out with them last night for the bachelor party. So I stayed in. Sigh.
  • Got up this morning and went on an awesome 3.5 mile run. It was probably pretty slow since it involved some hills but it was a chilly 37 degrees with the sun out and the roads were quiet. Decked out in my Nike gear (sidenote, theyought to sponsor me. Not just hardcore athletes wear their shit you know. They need an everyperson. I am that person), I felt perfect. That Nike jacket I obsessed over last year is definitely the best investment I've ever made. In fact, I saw new colors and I want them now as well.
  • Me in my Nike Gloves and Jacket before my run!
  • Tomorrow is Barbie's engagement party. An monogram party. What the fuck is with Southern people and themed wedding gigs? Why do you need 8 million showers and opportunities for gifts? In her defense, Barbie isn't that kind of bride (she actually kind of doesn't even want this party!). But if you're going to throw a monogram party, give your guests more than 2 weeks to scramble to find gifts. I have this thing called a life and I can't just go find monogrammed shit. You have to get it made. Thanks to Swoozie's for putting a rush on her gift for me! Whew.
  • This week has truly been a good week. I'm feeling very adult and in control of myself. Aside from the apartment being a wreck, I feel like I've got a handle on life. As in I'm treading water now instead of drowning.
  • Wish me luck- weekends are typically when I fall off the healthy living train and have to wait for the next train to come around! I've lost about 5 lbs this week just from adjusting my eating (actually eating MORE but healthier foods) and squeezing in a quick 2 mile run each day.

No comments: