Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Morning Run Whoo!


Yesterday was a great success. I woke up and made myself egg whites with feta cheese, at 10 am I had a protein shake, for lunch I hit the gym for a weight workout (which I am FEELING today), then I followed it up with a turkey and cheese sandwich, at 4 pm I had some yogurt. After work I hit up Kroger and picked up eggs, milk, orange juice, cucumber, tomato, romaine lettuce, bread, strawberries, celery and turkey. Came home, did a 2 mile fun run. I decided this week, I will not time a single run. I will just get out there and do 2 miles and enjoy it. No pressure to run a good time. Just a week of solid short runs to get myself back into the grind. I had chicken and pasta for dinner with 2 pieces of chocolate and a glass of milk. Bedtime. Boom.

I felt great this morning. I woke up before the alarm clock! N
ormally, I would have lazed around in bed but I couldn't even doze so I hopped out of bed and threw on running clothes... INCLUDING....
MY BRAND NEW NIKE GLOVES!

Aren't they fantastic? And twelve bucks at the Nike Store in the mall near me (which I would like to LIVE in if possible). I'm sure the people passing me thought I was crazy as I ran down Peachtree in my long sleeved shirt, shorts and gloves but I felt fantastic! My hands were a little warm after a mile but much better than FREEZING like they have been in the past. I am glad I finally bit the bullet since 40 degrees is a little too cold to not have gloves.

I followed up my run with 20 pushups. Okay they weren't the best but they were done. I did them on my feet instead of knees and got them done. I'm hoping to build up to GREAT pushups.

Tell me, what are you excited about this week? I'm excited about my renewed motivation and to be blogging again. I am loving the comments back to me and am enjoying logging everything on dailymile.

1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

Those are kick ass gloves!!

This week I am excited about my post-race. I mean I can't breath. I feel like sleeping all the time. Yet yesterday I decided to register for a race this weekend. But after I am going to hit Dick's Sporting Goods and do some winter running shopping! Can't wait!