Monday, September 21, 2009

Washout


Poor Atlanta...raining like someone should have built Noah's ark and lined us up two by two. Which of course, greatly interferes with my workout goals. Thanks, Mother Nature.

Okay, honestly, that's an excuse. I know it, you know it, Mother Nature knows it.

The alarm went off at 5:30am and it sounded like someone was dumping buckets of water on my apt. Snooze button it is. Which was a predictor of a terrible day to come (including getting locked out of my office for 2 hours in the middle of a torrential downpour. Thank god for galoshes).

Because being positive is half of this battle (or so I am told), I did manage to turn the day around and feel pretty good right now as I am about to head to bed. So...a recap:

breakfast Multigrain cheerios with skim milk. I know, I know- I need fruit, a veggie and some protein in there, too, but the cupboards are pretty bare and the bank account is closing in on empty so we have to make do with what we have.

lunch Getting locked out of my office severely hampered my day. I was planning on being there for a sum total of 30 minutes to pick up some paperwork and ended up there for 3 hours. I didn't have lunch packed so lunch ended up being two servings of Quakes. I know. Empty calories.

snack Pepperjack cheese and crackers. One of my absolute favorites. Give me an episode of True Blood in which to eat it during and an entire block of cheese plus 1/2 a box of Wheat Thins will be consumed. luckily, I was low on those as well so about a serving.

dinner As you can imagine, I was starving. I cooked shrimp and pasta (enough to pack for lunch tomorrow) but I ate the shrimp before it could make it to the pasta. I threw sundried tomato pesto over the pasta and called it a day. I also decided it was dreary enough that I wanted two glasses of Sebastiani Pinot Noir I brought back from my trip to Wine Country in July. This was because at that point I had decided to ditch working out for the day. I know, terrible plan. Luckily, after working some overtime, I started feeling pretty guilty about it.

So, running is really not an option right now. But the pilates portion of my plan was completely doable so I popped the dvd in and rolled out my brand new mat and got to work. Jeez, my abs hurt. Does anyone else close their eyes to focus while doing this? I do and found myself wanting to fall asleep. In case you want to follow along with me (I don't know why you would but whatever- try what I try. When I jump of the bridge, maybe draw the line then), I was doing the Pilates Beginning Mat Workout by Gaiam. I have no idea how it ranks compared to other Pilates DVDs as this one was on sale at Target and is the only one I own but I like it. It is a 25 minute work out but there is a bonus energy workout as well which I tacked on tonight. Now I am filling up with Crystal Light Immunity because I need water but I don't want it.

Hopefully, tomorrow will include running but the weather is making me think I might be winging the Big Peach Sizzler. Or swimming it. Either way.

No comments: