Thursday, September 3, 2009

I DIDN'T BURN THE HOUSE DOWN! WHOOOO!

Weight: 163.0
Workout: 2 mile run
Food Diary:
breakfast: better start English Muffin with crunchy all natural peanut butter
snack: 1 serving of Quakes
lunch: Ham, Turkey and Muenster on Whole wheat bread with romaine, tomato and mayo and an apple and a glass of crystal light lemonade
snack: chips and salsa
dinner: Bertolli wheat pasta with artichoke hearts and shrimp in reduced fat Parmesan sauce

So the last time I went to cook shrimp for dinner, I caught my apt on fire. You read it right. I am completely out of my element in the kitchen for a number of reasons....
  1. I hate cooking. Seriously hate it.
  2. I hate cleaning up after myself. Period. Be it the kitchen or anywhere else, for that matter. There is nothing worse in my mind than cleaning pots and pans after cooking dinner.
  3. I'm lazy. Cooking takes effort.
  4. Recipes are not made for one person.
  5. I cannot just whip something up. I am extremely literal when it comes to cooking.
  6. Things can catch on fire. You have to be attentive while cooking which generally means no multitasking. Multitasking is my favorite thing to do. Also, did I mention shit catches on fire? Like, for example, oil in a pan if it heats up too fast. Who knew?
Anyway, tonight I was dreading cooking. I believe exact tweet was "i loathe cooking" (speaking of which: follow me on twitter! @fromfat2fit2009). I opened the pantry to close it again. I opened the fridge only to slam it smartly shut. What on earth was I going to make? I had been avoiding the shrimp in the fridge like the plague since my last attempt ended with me screaming help at the top of my lungs until the maintenance guy came and carried the fire out (yes, carried. And then stomped it out. Why didn't I think of that before the kitchen was engulfed?). After writing an article for a Chattanooga magazine about being Fierce and Fearless, I decided it was time to bite the bullet. And dinner turned out DELICIOUS. Unfortunately, i was so hungry by the time it was done, i failed to document it with a picture :(

No comments: