Monday, September 28, 2009

Down in the dumps...

This weekend really got me down in terms of my weight. It seems as hard as I try to do well during the week, I always derail myself over the course of the weekend. Which is nothing short of depressing. If I thought liposuction was an option, I'd be all over it before you could finish saying it.

Anyway, depression most certainly led me to two terrible habits that occur when you feel fat- under and over eating. All in the same day. Lovely.

breakfast none. I know. I just opened my pantry and everything in it literally screamed FAT at me. So I closed it and left for work. I had a cup of coffee at work. Which really makes me want to vomit and therefore suppresses my appetite.

snack handful of nuts

lunch ham, pepperjack cheese and mayo on wheat bread

snack the last of the Edy's slow churned. Which I will never buy again. I need things prepackaged in serving sizes or I go crazy.

dinner I went out with friends (hey Shannon and Kelly!) for dinner at Aja. Aja is this great place in Buckhead- great vibe but super slow on a Monday. Anyway, 10% of the profits went to Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America so I dragged my two friends for dinner and drinks. We limited ourselves to one glass of wine. And then we split dim sum and endamame between the three of us. So we did Shrimp and vegetable tempura, Grilled Chicken Satay with a Thai peanut sauce, Moo Shoo Duck crepes in a ginger plum sauce and vegetable fried rice. It was great because sharing the dim sum meant that we had a lot of different things and weren't so full we wanted to explode when we finished. Also, I discovered that I like Endamame! Now, I will have to get it all the time. Aja does this spicy stuff on it and it really made it delicious because I love hot and spicy foods. I will definitely be going back there.

As for working out, I didn't have much time so I squeezed in two sets of 15 reps in the weight room and thirty minutes on the bike. I am planning a run after work tomorrow :)

No comments: