Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Uphill...both ways


Soooo...today I had to work from home because of the flooding in Atlanta. Which was fine because it meant I actually had time to make a DELICIOUS breakfast that included veggies, fruit, protein, carbs and dairy. So I was very proud of myself for that! I might have put a little too much cheese but whatever- live and learn!

This is my very yummy breakfast:

The best part? I was FULL!

Food diary:
breakfast 2 eggs scrambled with red and green bell peppers and hot sauce. Strawberries. Pepperidge Farm slider bun with 1 pad of butter. Grapefruit juice.

lunch Pasta with alfredo sauce, feta cheese and shrimp. Milk.

snack Chips and Salsa. Water.

dinner My friend Amanda text me and asked if I wanted to do something tonight. I was DYING in the apt all day so I said yes even though I had so much stuff to do. I needed some human contact! Needless to say, tomorrow I will be very busy! I digress. Anyway, I indulged in a Midwestern Flat and a Pomegranite Sunrise (okay 2- I said INDULGED!). My flat had steak, potatoes, bacon, red onion, scallions and sour cream and was delicious! I was so proud of myself for only eating 1/2 of it and saving the rest for lunch tomorrow which is huge for me. Luckily, my friend Amanda and I had great conversation so it wasn't as difficult to resist as I thought it might be!

random running thoughts
  • What the fuck am I doing this for?
  • Man my neighbor is very attractive in a weird, I like to show off my biceps kind of way. What is with guys cutting the sleeves off their shirts? You look like a tool!
  • I wonder if he noticed the cellulite on the back of my legs. Or my pouch.
  • OMG. You know how your dad (or grandpa or whoever) claims they walked both ways uphill to school? And you laughed. I discovered it is possible. Walther Blvd is a charming little road. Turn left- HILL. Turn Right- HILL. Glad I figured this out 35 minutes into my run.
  • Running past restaurants was a terrible idea. If I had my debit card I would stop in Old Towne for 1/2 price whatever and Chili's for a refreshing margarita. Maybe grab a pastry at Panera. My little idea to just RUN was a terrible one.
  • If I my knees hurt before a run, they will stop during the run. If they don't, they will hurt during the run. WTF is that about?
  • I sweat like its going out of style. Who is attracted to someone after a workout when they look and smell like this?
  • Am I done yet?
  • I am so fucked on Saturday.
  • I really like my new Nike running shorts. Thanks brother.
  • Seriously, am I done yet?
  • Why is it when I have specific route and time in mind, the minutes go by too fast? When I set out to run 40 minutes, the last 10 minutes crawl by like time is standing still?
  • Oh shit, my stairs. FML.
"Real athletes run, others just play games"

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Good news, or bad news, depending on how you look at it. It is supposed to be raining on Saturday, so you should stay cool. Not like we need anymore rain in Atlanta right now, but whatever.

Berryfine said...

Thanks Tanya- I need that kind of support :) How is your walking going? Have you tried out the new park on 124 yet? I was thinking of you when i drove past it yesterday- its huge and looks like it has a great trail plus shade!