Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not so armed and dangerous...

Weight: 163.4
Workout: 30 minutes on the bike, arm workout
Food Diary:
Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs with feta cheese, strawberries and oj
Snack: 1 serving of quakes
Lunch: Slimfast Optima bar and cucumber, tomato and feta in balsalmic vinaigrette and oil
Snack: banana
Dinner: 1 grilled chicken breast over romaine with feta and tomato with ranch dressing

Today I realized I absolutely hate my arms. Hate them. Probably because they look larger than normal in pictures. I figure its a good place to focus on my transformation since that is most of what you see in a picture. So I went through my old fitness magazines and found this workout which I will try out this week and let you know how it goes....

Tone your Arms in 20 minutes (from Fitness November/December 2008)
Four sets of each move.
  • 15 pushups (do as many as you can in the traditional pose; then, if necessary, switch to the modified pose. How many did I do? exactly 1 pushup. It's been a while. baby steps.)
  • 15 triceps dips (use a stationary chair as a makeshift bench. This was harder than I thought but easier to get through than the pushups)
  • 15 isometric contractions (press your palms in together in front of you. Hold for 10 seconds, then release)
  • 15 biceps lifts (reach under a desk, table or counter, palms against the underside, and pretend you're lifting it off the floor. Hold for 10 counts.)
My arms actually did look a little better after doing the workout which is what it promised. Apparently this is a quick pre-party workout but if you do it over the long haul, you will see results. I added some biceps curls, overhead presses and triceps kickbacks to be on the safe side. Only a few short weeks until football in Athens and I want my arms to start to look kickass in photos!

No comments: