Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm really craving a smoothie...

The past two days I have been having some pretty strong cravings (and no I'm not pregnant, I don't think!) For example, I really wanted coffee yesterday morning. And chips in the afternoon. It's hard ignoring them. I heard if you want something for 15 minutes then you really want it. If you ignore it for 15 minutes, then the craving goes away. I call bullshit. Soooo....I woke up this morning and set my alarm clock for another thirty minutes of sleep and now I am online looking up smoothie recipes. I just stumbled across a great site and rather than wait until tonight, I thought I would post it NOW so if you too are craving a smoothie, you know where to go.

http://www.smoothieweb.com

They have everything from healthy, diet smoothies to decadent smoothies. I am working on the healthy part right now. Hopefully, I have all the ingredients because a 6:30 am Kroger run is not in my future!

Of course, I opt to not go with a single one of these smoothies based on ingredients so here is what I made:

  • 1/2 vanilla yogurt
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 strawberries
  • 1 scoop of Aria vanilla protein powder
  • Splash of OJ

No comments: