Friday, February 18, 2011

7 Days of Running

I am hopping back on the train. The workout train.

In order to do so, I set myself a mini challenge for the week. I am running EVERY day this week. Starting with 2 miles a day (with 2 exceptions- one my Garmin crapped out and I was running at lunch so I just called it a run at 1.8 miles or something. The other was yesterday, I ran a mile and the calves got pissed so I walked the last mile home). So far, 5 days and 5 runs. Boom.

Next week, I am thinking of adding a 3 mile run on Saturday and keeping 2 mile runs during the week.

I need a food goal for next week though. I am a terrible eater. Running was to be conquered this week so I think each week I will add something either food related or workout related until I am a completed ATHLETE if you will.

I know it might be better if I had a long term plan in place but I find that to be daunting. Then I crap out on it one day, get discouraged and gain 15 lbs. Its a terrible cycle and if I could afford a therapist to work that shit out I would be on it. But I can't. So it is up to me to change it.

In honor of my week of running, and my subsequent aches and pains, I am giving away KT Tape to one lucky follower. I've never done an official review of it but I will this weekend and I'll throw it up for you. Anyway, comments section- Boom, same as always. I'll make it easy this time:
1. Leave me a motivating quote in the comments section and you will be entered into the contest.
2. Leave me a food goal for the week and you will be entered into the contest.
2 ways to be a winner people. Do it.

Contest ends....February 27th at midnight and winners announced February 28th on this here blog.

6 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

I will give you a good goal. I bet you have no problem with it, but it is something I CANNOT do no matter how hard I try.

No french fries for a week! (See? You can do that, no sweat!) Right??
I had some today.

Fruit Fly said...

p.s. You rock! I can't run more than 2 days in a row. I've tried. I weenie out after 2.

My favorite quote that helps motivate me (even though I'm far from gifted) is Prefontaine's quote: To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

vicky1970 said...

Hi there - I stumbled across your blog - I have had hip problems so I could use some KT tape. My motivation for you is:
You are stronger than you think you are and can do more than you could ever imagine. Never give up!!
Food related tip: Walk away from the chocolate, salt whatever your fave is...put a little more veggies in your daily intake. Sneak in some cut up cucumber at lunch. :o)
Keep running my friend you rock!!

Anna said...

Motivation: "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." Henry Ford

food goal: eat a healthy breakfast every day.

One Crazy Penguin said...

Here's a quote I like:

"If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a board and
knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough"
Steve Jones

One Crazy Penguin said...

My food goal for this week is no more desserts for the week and lots of veggies....until the weekend when I have a half marathon and then it's game on! :p