Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Presents- Book Edition

Looking for a last minute gift for someone (don't forget yourself!!!)? Well, I have some great reading material you should pick up!

  • If you want to put maximum effort into your gift giving go hunt up the book RPatz (Robert Pattinson for you people not in the know) is reading in his Vanity Fair shoot. I just checked Amazon.com and it is currently unavailable. Sex Driven People: An Autobiographical Approach to the Problem of a Sex-Dominated Personality. Written by Robert Masters, this book was published in 1965. While I cannot vouch for it's content the bright red, hard cover book will undoubtedly garner some attention. I'll let you determine if that is good or bad.
  • Have a friend who's sex turnons are just plain weird? Make them feel better about it and purchase them Encyclopedia of Unusual Sex Practices. Amazon has paperback copies for $14.66 and if you spend $25 you get free shipping so pick yourself up a copy too. Who knows? Maybe there is a fetish in there for you!
  • If you are Catholic (like me!), I am positive you have felt a need to confess the pleasure you take in sex to a priest. Perhaps you aren't having sex because you feel guilty about it (Christ, that is a great excuse. Now, that will be why I'm not having sex. So much better than the obvious no one is pounding down the door for sex with me...) Anyway, pick up Sex Without Guilt in the Twenty-first Century. Written by Albert Ellis, you can pick up this gem for $11.66 on Amazon (thus satisfying the free shipping requirement).
  • This next book is definitely on my wish list so if you haven't bought me a present yet, pick it up! Just please don't give it to me in front of my family or in a public place. Written by Tammy Nelson, Getting the Sex You Want: Shed Your Inhibitions and Reach New Heights of Passion Together grabs my attention simply for the fantastic biceps on the cover. If the book sucks, at least you have the picture as a turn on. You can pick up this key to masturbation and more for $15.61 in hard cover on Amazon.
  • Confused? Me too. Pick up Tantric Sex for Women: A Guide for Lesbian, Bi, Hetero and Solo Lovers by Christa Schulte. So you can be having sex instead of reading and writing about it...shiiiiiit I need a life.
  • The title of this next book grabbed my attention so it is also on my book list. Alternatives to Sex is a novel listed at $11.97 on Amazon. Well it did until I started reading about it. The book is about a gay 40 something who trolls the internet. If this is your cup of tea I am fairly certain there will be plenty of copies left. Hey, even gays need gay lit. Seems like it could be a good beach read at any rate.
  • A Torn Skirt is a great read for someone who still watches Twilight, loves Miley Cyrus and thinks it's okay to fantasize about Zac Efron. It has the added bonus of not sounding like a sex novel so you can read it on the subway or at a solo lunch without getting weird looks or awkwardly trying to hide the title of the book from people. It lists at $9.32 on Amazon.
I could go on but the simplest thing in my opinion is to head over to Amazon.com and type in sex or sex novels. Sex brings up a lot of how-tos and maybe you are just looking for a fictional account of sex being awesome or going wrong. If that's the case a how-to is not what you want. Obviously. And I stand by Lora Leigh as a way to get in the mood for solo sex so if all else fails pick up a copy of one of her books (which you can get at Walmart as you know from my previous post).

Tell me, any sex books on your wishlist?

No comments: