Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm a Blogger!

Okay, so I have no idea what it means to be a blogger. I assume it means people will flock on over to read my opinions that have absolutely no semblance of fact in them. Then they will either love it or hate it and feel a need to comment on it. THEN, the word will spread! Suddenly, every website worth a damn will begin refrencing my commentary on pop culture that let's be honest are GEMS. It will be like an avalanche- I'll be on every talk show possible and everyone will want to hear my opinion for no other reason than it's so ridiculous it has to be plausible! Okay, so my imagination is slightly out of control.

Now, you may ask yourself what qualifies me to write a blog. Absolutely nothing in my opinion except that I feel a need to reach even further into the internet than I have already gone. I have two degrees- one in Journalism and one in Literature- and I am not doing a thing with either of them. I am currently a recruiter who helps companies find help on a temp, temp to hire and permenent basis because, frankly, I couldn't find a job so I figure I can find someone else a job. Have you ever noticed how much easier it is to look at someone else's resume and spot issues or figure out what kind of job they would be good for? Maybe that is just me. So I'm a writer who doesn't write and a recruiter. I'm 25 so I'm right in the middle of the quarter life crisis which means I have all sorts of ridiculous complaints that will piss people off so I figure now is the time to air them to the world.

Not sure how this whole blogging thing is going to go but we are going to give it a whirl. And by we I mean me because I'm 90% positive that no one is going to read this. And because I do not have another personality so I don't really qualify as a we persay. Okay you get my point.

1 comment:

L. DaCosta said...

Don't worry Shambles, I'll read your blog. I tend to find open times in my workday that require filling. I'm sure there are other things I could be doing at the office but your blog is going to fill that spot.