Sunday, February 22, 2009

Boredom

So this weekend has taken on new proportions in levels of boredom. Without funds, I can't go anywhere or do anything. I didn't even bother calling my friends because I was sure they all had plans involving money. Probably stupid and my own fault but I basically chained myself to 700 square feet. 

No TV. No internet. Cooked for myself. Friday night I was in bed by 10. I watched to episodes of Gossip Girl that I had netflixed and ate an omelet. I got a ridiculous amount of texts from people who I couldn't have hung out with even if I had money.

Saturday I woke up and ate Waffles with Peanut butter and watched two more episodes of Gossip Girl. Then I cleaned my living room. Which really meant I took everything that wasn't supposed to be in there in the first place and shoved it into my bedroom and vacuumed. Then I read some of a book. Then I cleaned my office nook. Which again involves shoving everything I can in desk drawers and anything that doesn't belong into my bedroom. By the time all this was done I had a pile of clothes up to my waist and $2.50 in quarters. Score! I could do some laundry today as well. I read some more. I shoved all those clothes into my closet and vacuumed my bedroom. I napped. I woke up and ate an entire box of mac'n'cheese. Nothing like comfort food to kill some boredom. I watched a movie- Prime. Which was alright. The guy in it was hot so that worked out. I sorted laundry which means I pulled enough from the pile to do one load. This involves contemplating what I need cleaned IMMEDIATELY. Everything else goes in a pile to be cleaned at some yet to be determined date. I threw on some workout clothes, grabbed the essentials (book, magazine, iPod, keys and fob to get into the clubhouse) and headed out of the complex on foot to do some laundry. I worked out for an hour and a half. Bike, Treadmill (3.2 miles) and elliptical. I folded my laundry and headed back. It was only 5:30pm. I did a pilates tape just for good measure. I had to work off those mac'n'cheese calories. I showered and put my pajamas back on and popped in another movie (The Notebook- which I had never seen. I have obviously been missing out.) That was over and it was only 8:30pm.

What is a broke girl to do on a Saturday night? The obvious choice is to raid the apartment and booze myself to sleep. So I made a Sweet Tea Vodka and Lemonade and booted up the computer. There is nothing like boozing and writing. It's amazing what comes out of your head and lands on the computer screen. After 4 hours, 3 stiff drinks in, and 20 pages of typing I finally passed out. 

Only to wake up with a hang over. Used to be I could drink an entire bottle of booze and wake up fit as a fiddle. I must be getting old. I popped a tylenol, chugged a water and popped in another movie at 7:45 am. By 9:30 am, sleep had not returned. I got dressed and headed to Panera. On foot of course. 

God, my life is quickly becoming way too boring to handle. Even this post is putting me to sleep. But I typed it so you better believe I'll be posting it.

No comments: