Friday, May 20, 2011

My Trainer is the Devil

I can't walk. And it is all his fault.

Yesterday, after a 15 minute run on the treadmill, Josh spent an hour working on my legs. And I mean WORKING.

Leg Presses with 125 lbs. Other leg exercises that I don't know what they are called with 70-110 lbs. Lunges. Hundreds of lunges. Calf raises with 90 lbs. Some butt workout with 70 lbs. I want to die today.

10 minutes of stretching in which he pushes on my back to force a deeper stretch.

Holy shit I hate everything about this guy.

And secretly I love him. If he keeps working me this hard I'm going to have the best ass in the state of GA.

I'm a little nervous about an hour of arm workouts next Tuesday.

Today, my focus is the food Josh is making me eat. In fact. I turned down a day of food tasting tomorrow because I do not think my self-discipline can handle it. And damnit, I'm taking this seriously.

So I need something fun to do that is cheap and doesn't involve food or beer. Maybe I will go hang out at the park...

What are your weekend plans?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a killer workout - good for you for getting through it! Have a good weekend!

Fruit Fly said...

Holy crap! I'm hurting just thinking about this. It all sounds hard on its own - but if you add 15 minutes of running before? And lunges? Ugh - lunges are killer for me!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll have a grand love/hate relationship with Josh!

My plans are to hang out in Porltand. Maybe take my dog out somewhere since it is her first visit to the big city. And I'll see Pirates. And then be wild and go to Ikea.