Monday, August 8, 2011

You think your life is in shambles...

So. As I was getting ready this morning I was watching GMA and heard a little news story about a brother, brother, sister crime trio that is on the run in the south east.  Something about one brother cut his ankle monitoring bracelet off and then they started firing shots at a cop who was trying to pull them over for speeding and then they robbed a bank in Georgia and now these 3 are totally MIA.  (You can read here for a more professional journalistic account.)

But as GMA was reporting on this, two things popped into my mind. 

1)  Evidently they think this crime spree started because one of the brothers just had to register as a sex offender for sending inappropriate text messages to an 11 year old.  And this brother has a baby on the way and he was worried that he would no longer be able to see his kid.  Well. Dumbass. Let me tell you a little something, if you were not going to be able to see your kid then... you're for sure not going to see him/her now because you're going to be in JAIL.
2) They do not know where these 3 siblings are, but they have texted their mother.  You see, I am not a detective, but I have watched a lot of detective shows and seen a lot of news stories about pinging cell phones off of cell phone towers.  Have you not thought about that?  I mean a billboard campaign over pinging cell phone towers?  I am lost.

But with that said.  I must work today but remember your life is totally not in shambles if you compare yourself to those 3.

No comments: