Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year...new resolutions

  1. Eat healthy. How will I make this happen? Well, I started today by making a list on this awesome notepad my mom got me for Christmas. It has a menu planner on one side and the grocery list on the other and is magnetic. So I went through Fitness magazine and picked a few recipes to try and then planned it out! I'll let you know how it goes.
  2. Run three times a week. I will be training for a half marathon and I've done one before. The last one I didn't train for LIKE AT ALL and I ran 2 hrs and 39 minutes. In June, I would like to run below 2 1/2 hours so I'm hoping this will motivate me to actually train and therefore run at least three days a week.
  3. Take one group fitness class a week. For my birthday, I am getting a gym membership to Gold's Gym again. It's the closest gym so there are no excuses on the weekend for not going. I am hoping they have added Zumba to their lineup because I took it in NJ and had a blast.
  4. Weekend Warrior. I want to make Saturday and Sunday intense days for working out- trying new workouts from magazines and videos and just putting in more hours walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming or whatever. Anything active.
  5. Join a league. I took a break from kickball for the winter but in the spring season I would like to sign up for that or softball. It's been a while since I played softball though so I might be a little rusty.

I think 5 goals is good. Not too difficult and with a clear plan of action. I will reevaluate in 3 months and we'll see where I am going. Since all this starts tomorrow, I went shopping and then picked up Chinese for the last time. And beer. Gotta enjoy my last meal before I start really focusing :)

The grocery list:

  • Bananas
  • Apples
  • Cucumbers
  • Grape Tomatoes
  • Skim Milk
  • Grapefruit Juice
  • Yogurt
  • Turkey Bacon
  • Veggie Burgers
  • Extra fiber english muffins
  • Feta Cheese
  • Hummus
  • Turkey
  • Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
  • Hashbrowns
  • Lettuce
  • Chicken

No comments: